Liberal Democrat Councillors have a reputation for getting things done
By Rugby Lib Dems
Rugby Borough Council Elections take place on Thursday 5 May 2022. Liberal Democrat Councillors have a reputation for getting things done.
A Liberal Democrat vote is for a Fairer, Caring and Greener Rugby Borough Council.
- Fairer, planning system, fairer deal for our communities.
- Caring for all people investing in mental health needs, listening to your needs.
- Greener, stop the talking and act on climate change with our communities.
Rugby Liberal Democrats are the official opposition party on Rugby Borough Council. With more Councillors we can continue to challenge the Conservatives.
On Rugby Borough Council Liberal Democrats get things done. Our group of Councillors have:
- Played an active part of the Climate Change Working Group and secured agreement for Council housing stock (over 3,000 properties) to be net zero by 2027 and more energy efficient.
- Campaigned against the closing of community ambulance hubs and for action to support our local health service.
- Challenged and put forward proposals on the South West development plans for greater biodiversity and green areas including better cycling and walking routes.
- Gained support for a Rent Plus scheme that would enable the Council to offer in partnership with a housing association a rent now (for up to 20 years) and purchase when you as a household can afford to apply for a mortgage. This would also include a discounted amount towards the purchase.
- Ensured that mental health and wellbeing is a key priority for Rugby Borough Council.
- Opposed the building of the McDonald's in the town centre.
We also work across the political divide for our communities, including during the pandemic and the support needed for residents and businesses. We are also working collaboratively across the Council on massive regeneration schemes seeking new council housing.
Voting for the Liberal Democrats is a vote for a Fairer, Caring and Greener Council led by Active, Caring and Effective Councillors.